- This PLB includes a free reprogramming service which will enable you to register the device in the country of your choice. Should you wish to register the device in the US please purchase our separate listing, ‘McMurdo Fast Find Ranger PLB - Programmed for US Registration’.
- Please note that some countries, such as Belgium, Spain and Germany, may not allow PLB registration but devices can be registered in the US and used anywhere in the world
- Registering your Personal Locator Beacon is required by law in most countries. Registering is very important because should your beacon ever be activated, it is how Search and Rescue Teams will know who you are, and contacts provided may be able to supply information about your specific travel plans. In the absence of this information, it may take longer for a search-and-rescue operation to begin.
- PLBs have been proven, tried and tested in some of the world's most remote locations and treacherous conditions. Even in extreme conditions and situations, the McMurdo Fast Find Ranger PLB activates easily. Just deploy the antenna, pull the anti-tamper seal and press the ON button.
- This PLB should only be used in situations of grave and imminent danger to life. False alerts endanger lives and cause expensive disruption to Search and Rescue services. Deliberate misuse of the device could result in a penalty.