So you are thinking of taking your kitty with you on a trip to the mountains this summer? Good for you. Why not go with her to a local pet store and try on some cute (or just plain old ugly) cat hiking backpacks for sale. But, before you go out and purchase one for her, you need to know what kind you should get. Here's a cat hiking backpack buying guide that will make it easier for you to make the right choice.
Backpacks are basically big tents with lots of room inside. They have zippers or openings in them so you can pull them closed when you're done hiking. You can put anything you want inside a backpack. Your cat has plenty of space to play, chew, jump and do all of her outdoor antics. So when you're shopping for cat backpacks, here are some things to think about.
- Think durability. Backpacks made of good materials last a long time. So do your research and look for products made of high-quality stuff. A heavy-duty backpack is better for hiking and for walking in general. It's also better for cat-backing.
- Think size. Don't get a big dog backpack. Cats can be quite large, even if they are neutered. Get a smaller one with plenty of space for your furry friend.
- Think comfort. If you're going to have your cat hitching her way through the woods on her own, she needs to be comfortable. Think about the comfort and fit of the bag. Think about where you are going to carry it and how strong it is. You might also want to consider its weight and how difficult it will be for your cat to lug around.
- Think about storage. If you have room in your house or apartment, there are many ways to keep your belongings close by. Stuff like toys treats, and water dishes can all be hung from the hangers in your favorite closet.
- Think about clothing. Is there any particular apparel you'd like to get your cat? If so, there are many options available. From stylish and functional pieces that make cute gifts to coats and shirts with pockets.
Cat backpacking doesn't have to be scary, frustrating, or dangerous. Think carefully about what equipment you'll need, and be prepared for a little research. And know that your cat loves to walk in the fresh air and view the wildlife. Enjoy your adventure with your kitty and don't forget her favorite toy, a hiking pole.
A cat hiking backpack can be fun for both you and your feline friend. Take your time when choosing one, making sure that you feel comfortable and safe carrying it around. Be prepared for a little shopping, even if you don't have a cat. You want to make sure that the items you choose are well-built and durable.
- Consider gender. Some cat carriers are designed for male cats and others for female cats. Look for one that fits your cat well. You don't want to be struggling with your cat while on a hike. She'll love the fresh air and the scenery, but she'll also appreciate having someone on hand to help her reach things.
- Think about size. How large is your cat? Do you want to fit two cats in a small carrier? How many extra pounds do you want to carry? Measure your cat, or get a professional to measure her to get an accurate fit before you go shopping.
- Think about storage. Does your backpack come with plenty of compartments and mesh pockets to store her toys and essentials? If not, make sure you can stash her essentials in a convenient place. Make sure there's enough room for all your pet's necessities, including water, food, and sleeping areas. Your cat will thank you.
- Think about price. Hiking backpacks are more expensive than carrying a car, so you have to weigh your options. If you can afford it, go with a more expensive model. If you want to carry a cat along, choose a cat hiking backpack made of a stronger material. Cat backpacks are designed to handle the wear and tear of a long hike ahead of you and your feline friends.